Students who want to earn academic credit (up to 21 credits) but are not admitted to UNCG or not in a degree-seeking program can enroll as a visiting student. There are several catagories of visiting students detailed below.
Undergraduate Visiting Students
Students who want to earn academic credit (up to 21 credit hours), but are not admitted to UNCG, or who are not in a degree-seeking program, can enroll as a visiting student.
Follow these steps:
Graduate Visiting Students
Visions is a program offered in the Fall and Spring to visiting non-degree seeking students who already hold a bachelor’s degree.
There is no summer admittance through Visions. To take classes in the summer as a visiting non-degree seeking student, please apply as a visiting student through the Division of Continual Learning.
Visiting auditors are classified as non-UNCG students who wish to take a course without receiving college credit or a record of enrollment. To register as a visiting auditor follow these steps:
- Complete a visiting auditor form.
- Return the form along with payments to the Division of Continual Learning.
- Our staff obtains permission for the student to audit the class.
- The instructor and student are notified of approval to participate in the class.
- Refund is given if space is not available, permission is denied, or the class is canceled.